This will be a full weekend of natural building: mostly hands-on work, coupled with a photo presentation and discussion. We are beginning a very ambitious garden wall project at our campus, and each weekend workshop group will complete another section of wall! You will learn about:
- mixing and applying cob
- trimming and shaping cob
- how to determine the right mix ratios
- what are the thermal properties of cob?
- what are the pros and cons of cob?
- methods of installing strawbales
- the “balecob” hybrid technique
- adhesion coat on strawbales
- plastering on strawbales will both lime and clay-based plaster
- what are the thermal properties of strawbale?
- what are the pros and cons of strawbale?
Healthful, home-cooked meals are provided each day! Our meals begin with Saturday’s breakfast, and end with lunch on Sunday. You are encouraged to stay on campus Saturday night (and potentially Friday night, too), either tenting or renting a cottage.
Earliest Bird: $170 (90 days advance payment)
Early Bird: $210 (30 days advance payment)
Regular Rate: $250
Additional Discount: 10% for family and friends participating together